The curriculum is accessible for those with disabilities or special educational needs, in line with the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational needs and Disability Regulations 2014.
Please click on the links below for more information on our curriculum.
The National Curriculum is the root of our bespoke school curriculum. For full information about our Intent / Implementation / Impact please click on the curriculum statement below.
In our school we use an approach to teaching and learning called ‘Inclusive Quality First Teach’. Please click below for further information.
Inclusive Quality First teach approach
Long Term Planning:
1. SHORT Long term assessment Y 1 2 cycle A
3. SHORT Long term assessment Y 3 4 cycle A.docx
4. SHORT Long term assessment Y 5 6 cycle A
1. Planning & Assessment Overview Y1 2 cycle B
2. Planning & Assessment Overview Y 3 4 cycle B
3. Planning & Assessment Overview Y 5 6 cycle B
Please click on the links below to gain a full understanding of our EYFS Curriculum, how it’s organised, how we plan and the milestone expectations for each term.
EYFS Deep Dive Overview full document Intent,
Implementation, Impact and Milestones
1. EYFS and KS1 NEW Home readers record sheet Phase 2 to 5
Early Years to Key Stage 1 Bridge
Subject Specific Information:
Reading Progression in skills (new EYFS framework)
Writing Progression in skills (new EYFS framework)
2. Maths – Progression of skills overview chart
3. Maths Topic Overview whole school
4. example of block medium term planning – Y1 2
5. Example of block medium term planning- Y5 6
6. New EYFS maths yearly Overview
7. Termly coverage of topics – whole school
Maths calculations Policy 2022.
2. Frequency of Skills Coverage
3. Progression of Skills (scientific enquiry)
3a. Science Progression of Skills- NC and KLIPS
4. Progression of Skills (scientific knowledge)
Example: 5. Y1 2 Assessment (cycle B)
Curriculum Coverage, assessment and Progression Grid – Rising Stars
Example Year 3 Unit 3- Assessment –
Geography Progression of Skills and Knowledge Framework
Curriculum Coverage, assessment and progression KS2
Example – Year 6 Unit 3- Assessment
Progression of Skills and Knowledge Framework
Example of Knowledge overview – Year 2
Computing Subject Overview.docx
Computing Progression of Skills (NC and outcomes only)
Computing Progression of Skills (cross referenced to Lancashire KLIPS)
ART Yrs 1-2 Example assessment grid Cycle B
Example – Knowledge overview Art Year 3 –
Example – Key Assesment Opportunity Year 5 Bridges
Yr 3 & 4 EXAMPLE Key Assessment Overview Cycle B
Music Subject Overview Full document 2022
Fantastic Friday Musical Theatre Overview
Progression in skills KLIPs and Dev Matters
Progression in skills Coram Life Education SCARF
Example of curriculum coverage and assessment PSHE Yr 5&6 Cycle B
Example of curriculum coverage and assessment PSHE Yr 1&2 Cycle A
Assessment is integral to high quality teaching and learning, it helps pupils to embed knowledge and use it fluently and assists teachers in producing clear next steps for pupils. Assessment helps us to ensure that our teaching is appropriate and that learners are making expected progress.
Please Click the link below for further information as to the ‘ Assessment Processes at Singleton School.