We currently have a vacancy for a duel role within school for a TA 2b Point 17 – 21, 17 hours 25 minutes per week / HLTA Grade 7 SCP 26 – 31, 8 hours per week
Closing Date:- Wednesday March 6th 2019 @ 12 noon
Short listing Thursday March 7th
Interview Thursday March 14th
Friday March 15th
PLEASE NOTE: – The interview process will take place over 2 days
To start Tuesday 23rd April 2019 or ASAP thereafter
Location Singleton CE Primary School
Contract Type 8hrs HLTA Grade 7 SCP 26-31 – to cover PPA throughout the school
Part time permanent variable hours Pro Rata (minimum 2 hours per week)
17 hours 25 mins TA2b Point 17-21 Part Time variable hours
(minimum 2 hours) permanent – Pro Rata
Total hours of combined role – 25 hours and 25 mins per week
The working hours would be as follows
Monday 9:00 – 3:00
Tuesday 9:00 – 3:00
Wednesday 9:00 – 3:00
Thursday 9:00 – 3:00
Friday 9:00 – 3:00
(Please note these times include breaks and lunchtimes)
The Governors of Singleton Primary school are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic and experienced Teaching Assistant to work in Y5/6 delivering Literacy and numeracy along’ the class teacher each morning and to cover classes across the school during PPA time. The role will involve 8 Hours of PPA cover paid at HLTA rate and 17 hours 25 minutes of a teaching assistant role paid at a TA2b rate.
The role of the TA2b will include
- Under the overall direction of the teacher plan and implement learning activities for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies to support the work of the teacher and increase achievement of all pupils including, where appropriate, those with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Contribute to effective assessment and planning by supporting the monitoring, recording and reporting of pupil performance and progress as appropriate to the level of the role.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject and curriculum knowledge relevant to supporting Y5/Y6 in literacy and numeracy and apply this effectively in supporting teachers and pupils.
- Mark books in line with the marking policy
- Maintain a stimulating and safe learning environment by organising and managing physical teaching space and resources.
- Working with others
- Establish supportive and constructive relationships with pupils, parents and carers.
- Working alongside the Learning Mentor monitoring / evaluating attendance and behaviour within school and supporting families and children that are identified as ‘in need.’
The role of HLTA will include: (all of the key areas outlined in the TA2b role – in addition he areas below)
- Providing PPA cover for teaching staff.
- Planning and marking for all aspects of the PPA cover
- To support individual, groups of and full class cohorts.
- Other responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
We require a person who can work effectively within a team and can demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to school improvement.
Application form is available here Application form
Please click here for essential and desirable criteria for the posts
Equal Opportunities statement
An Equal Opportunities Employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a ‘disclosure’.
Application and further details are available from / returnable to the school office
Singleton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.