ICT including the internet, email and mobile technologies has become an important part of learning in our school. We expect all children to be safe and responsible when using any ICT. The ICT rules / expectations are generic rules that cover your child’s whole time at Singleton School. A lot of the rules will not be relevant to the children within their first few years at school, however, as the children go through school they will soon have access to the internet, email etc.
Please read and discuss these Internet Safety rules with your child. All parents / children must complete an ICT acceptable use form. These are issued when your child starts school (FS / KS 1 Acceptable Use Form and when your child moves into KS2) If you have any concerns or would like an explanation, please contact Mrs Kate James (ICT Subject lead).
See below for an outline of the information included in the forms (copies of the forms are available in the Virtual Office section of the website)
Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement (Foundation / KS1)
- I will ask a teacher or suitable adult if I want to use the computers / tablets.
- I will only use activities that a teacher or suitable adult has told or allowed me to use.
- I will take care of the computer and other equipment.
- I will ask for help from a teacher or suitable adult if I am not sure what to do or if I think I have done something wrong.
- I will tell a teacher or suitable adult if I see something that upsets me on the screen.
- I know that if I break the rules I might not be allowed to use a computer / tablet.
ICT Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) – Pupils Agreement / Internet Safety Rules
Pupil Acceptable Use Agreement (KS2)
I understand that I must use school systems in a responsible way, to ensure that there is no risk to my safety or to the safety and security of the systems and other users.
- I understand that Singleton C of E School will monitor my use of the systems, devices and digital communications.
- I will keep my username and password safe and secure – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it.
- I will be aware of “stranger danger”, when I am communicating on-line.
- I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when on-line (this could include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, age, gender, educational details, financial details etc )
- If I arrange to meet people off-line that I have communicated with on-line, I will do so in a public place and take an adult with me.
- I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it on-line.
- I understand that Singleton C of E School’s systems and devices are primarily intended for educational use and that I will not use them for personal or recreational use unless I have permission.
- I will not try (unless I have permission) to make large downloads or uploads that might take up internet capacity and prevent other users from being able to carry out their work.
- I will not use the Singleton C of E School’s systems or devices for on-line gaming, on-line gambling, internet shopping, file sharing, or video broadcasting (e.g. YouTube), unless I have permission of a member of staff to do so. 25
- I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission.
- I will only use my own personal devices (mobile phones / USB devices etc.) in school if I have permission. I understand that, if I do use my own devices in the school I will follow the rules set out in this agreement, in the same way as if I was using school equipment.
- I understand the risks and will not try to upload, download or access any materials which are illegal or inappropriate or may cause harm or distress to others, nor will I try to use any programmes or software that might allow me to bypass the filtering / security systems in place to prevent access to such materials.
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
- I will not open any hyperlinks in emails or any attachments to emails, unless I know and trust the person / organisation who sent the email, or if I have any concerns about the validity of the email (due to the risk of the attachment containing viruses or other harmful programmes)
- I will not install or attempt to install or store programmes of any type on any school device, nor will I try to alter computer settings.
- I will only use social media sites with permission and at the times that are allowed.
When using the internet for research or recreation, I recognise that:
- I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
- Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos)
- When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me.
I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school:
- I understand that Singleton C of E School also has the right to take action against me if I am involved in incidents of inappropriate behaviour, that are covered in this agreement, when I am out of school and where they involve my membership of the school community (examples would be cyber-bullying, use of images or personal information).
- I understand that if I fail to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy Agreement, I will be subject to disciplinary action. This may include loss of access to the school network / internet, detentions, suspensions, contact with parents and in the event of illegal activities involvement of the police.
Please complete the sections below to show that you have read, understood and agree to the rules included in the Acceptable Use Agreement. If you do not sign and return this agreement, access will not be granted to school systems. (Schools / academies will need to decide if they require students / pupils to sign, or whether they wish to simply make them aware through education programmes / awareness raising).
I have read and understand the above and agree to follow these guidelines when:
- I use the school systems and devices (both in and out of school)
- I use my own devices in the school (when allowed) e.g. mobile phones, gaming devices USB devices, cameras etc.
- I use my own equipment out of the school in a way that is related to me being a member of this school / academy e.g. communicating with other members of the school, accessing school email, VLE, website etc.
Name of Student / Pupil:
Group / Class:
Please take care to ensure that appropriate systems are in place at home to protect and support your child/children.
Below are some webpages/courses and guidance posters to support you having conversations with your child about online safety as well as hints and tips for ways in which you can make online learning, from home, more safe and secure.
To understand how we handle an eSafety incident in school, please read our eSafety Flow Charts.
Internet Safety HOME LEARNING Resources:
Children are using technology more than ever to facilitate learning and stay in touch with friends and family. We have as such added ‘Project Evolves’ and the National Online Safety Teams learning resources for you to take a look at.
Please click on the link and choose the most appropriate age group for your child. There are power-points to explain each topic as well as printable resources/ question prompts that you can use:
There is also free online safety course presented by Myleene Class:
Your child might find these links useful: